Intro To SQL
Intro To SQL
by Boxplot Analytics Nov 22, 2019
Watch the Webinar
PowerToFly has Barb on as a guest speaker in the “Intro to SQL” webinar. In this webinar, Barb answers various questions regarding SQL including: “What is SQL?”, “What kind of jobs use SQL?” and “What is a SQL query and what do I need to make one?”, followed by more specific questions that were asked live during the webinar.
Barb explains the difference between SQL, Excel, Tableau and other platforms used for data programming and visualization, and summarizes the 3 step process for data analysis. Barb provides some tips on how to get hands-on SQL practice and some examples for how one can make a transition from SQL queries to real-life projects in the workplace.
This webinar also contains a live, interactive demonstration for how to write a SQL query and filter data using the 3 principal SQL commands: SELECT, FROM, and WHERE, as well as JOIN, a command that many users find confusing to write and understand.
SQL is a great place to start for those who have never coded before!
View the Slide Deck
(Use the arrows in the bottom left corner to navigate the slides)
Post-Webinar Follow-up Emails
Here are the items sent out in the emails after Barb’s webinars (grouped by type of webinar, and general resources).
- If you would like to join Boxplot’s mailing list, you can do so here!
- Join this LinkedIn Question & Answer group where you can ask questions for free and be part of the data community.
- Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn. I post news, classes and other data analytics resources regularly. Boxplot’s accounts also post the same type of data analytics resources regularly: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook
- HighCharts (Barb’s recommended library for creating web-ready visualizations).
- Link my blog post with a list of free datasets
- Link to my full blog
- Link to my chat cheat sheet for choosing the right visualizations
- “For Dummies” Statistics Cheat Sheet
- AP Statistics study guide book
- Creating more effective graphs by Naomi Robbins
- Storytelling with data
- Practice SQL problems for free: HackerRank
Take an intermediate SQL course:
<< Previous Post
"Useful Python Snippets"
Next Post >>
"Protected: Wording Surveys Well Makes Them More Effective"